Puddica for the Pizzeria
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, whole
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2o pounds high-protein flour
- ½ tablespoon yeast
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Cut the potatoes thinly in a slicer and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl.
- Place in your pizza oven for 8 to 9 minutes at 475 F until they are cooked.
- Let cool.
- Put the potatoes, the water and the olive oil in a container and mix with an immersion blender until they look like mashed potatoes. You may use a potato masher or blender if you wish.
- Place the mashed potatoes, flour, yeast and salt into a bowl and mix until sticky. This may be stickier than your pizza dough but don’t worry, it will soak up the hydration with time.
- Brush with olive oil and place plastic wrap over the dough.
- Place in a 74 F area for one hour to give the yeast a chance to feed.
- After an hour, take the dough out of the bowl, place on a table and dust with flour. If it is still too sticky, re-knead with dusted flour.
- Cut four 19-20 ounce dough balls.
- Knead and ball up in your pizza fashion.
- Either place the dough to ferment overnight or set aside for 45 minutes to use.
- Form a pizza disc with your hands and top and bake as preferred.