Quick 'n' Easy Mac 'n' Cheese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked, drained, held
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups grated mild or sharp cheddar
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk into the butter.
- Add the dry mustard.
- Cook for abut 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and continue to cook and whisk for about 4 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Fold in the cheese and stir with a spoon until the cheese melts.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and combine thoroughly.
- Can now be portioned for individual servings.
- Sprinkle some toasted fresh breadcrumbs on top before serving.
- COOK'S NOTE: This recipe goes together fast, and no baking is needed so it's perfect for a Kids' menu.