Rigatoni al Filo di Fumo
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¼ pound pancetta in a chunk about ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes (no juices), crushed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 pound cooked rigatoni
- ½ pound shredded or chopped fresh mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pare the rind from the pancetta and cut the meat into a small dice.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, cook and stir the pancetta until it starts to get crisp around the edges.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Put the garlic through a garlic press into the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and peas.
- Raise the heat and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce, breaking up the tomatoes with a fork or spoon.
- Add the rigatoni to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Immediately add the mozzarella and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among four heated pasta bowls.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese over each serving.