- 1/4 pound pancetta in a chunk about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes (no juices), crushed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound cooked rigatoni
- 1/2 pound shredded or chopped fresh mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions Pare the rind from the pancetta and cut the meat into a small dice. In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, cook and stir the pancetta until it starts to get crisp around the edges.
Add the oil to the pan. Put the garlic through a garlic press into the pan. Add the tomatoes and peas. Raise the heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce, breaking up the tomatoes with a fork or spoon.
Add the rigatoni to the pan with the tomatoes. Immediately add the mozzarella and toss to combine.
Divide the pasta among four heated pasta bowls. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese over each serving.