Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soups
- 1 cup olive oil
- 40 cloves garlic peeled but left whole
- 8 medium potatoes peeled and diced in 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2-3 tablespoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 quart half-and-half
- Minced fresh parsley
- Toss together the olive oil and garlic in a shallow ½ hotel pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, simmer the potatoes and chicken broth in a large coverer stockpot for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the garlic and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Puree it all in a food processor, add the half-and-half and season, to taste, with salt and white pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls garnished with parsley.