Roasted Pepper & Tomato Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- • 1 12-pinch pizza shell
- • ½ pound shredded Asiago or fontina cheese (about 2 cups)
- • 6 (3/4- 1 pound) large fresh plum or Roma tomatoes, sliced crosswise ¼-inch thick
- • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- • ¾ cup roasted red bell peppers cut into strips
- • 15 (About) leaves fresh basil
- • Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle half the fontina evenly over the pizza crust.
- Arrange the tomatoes evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
- Lay the bell pepper strips in a pattern on the pizza.
- Add the remaining cheese. Bake the pizza.
- After the pizza comes out of the oven tear or snip (with scissors) the basil leaves and scatter them over the pizza.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the pizza.