Roasted Veggie Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- • 1-1/2 pounds red and yellow bell pepper
- • 1-1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes
- • 1 pound zucchini
- • 1 pound red onion
- • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- • Salt to taste
- • Fresh rosemary to taste
- • Fresh oregano to taste
- • Fresh basil chopped to taste
- • ½ cup fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
- • Pizza dough
- • ½ cup whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- • Garlic/herb/olive oil sauce
- Place vegetables in a bowl.
- Add salt, herbs an olive oil.
- Completely coat vegetables with mixture.
- Place vegetables on a roasting pan in 400 F oven for 45 min. (Oven temperatures may vary. Vegetables may need longer or shorter cooking times.)
- Place pan on a cooling tray, about 15 min., until steaming stops.
- Place vegetables in cooler until ready to use.
- Throw out fresh pizza dough.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on garlic-herb-olive oil sauce, covering the dough.
- Layer vegetables (reserving leftovers) and lightly sprinkle on cheese.
- Place pizza in a 550 F deck oven for 7-10 min.