- 10 ounces penne pasta, cooked until al dente and rinsed in cold water, set aside
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons each minced fresh basil and fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-1/2 cups cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound hard salami (Genoa or cotto), cubed*
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Instructions In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, beans and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta and the salami, toss to combine Sprinkle in the Parmesan and toss lightly to combine (can be made ahead and kept in the cooler, covered, for up to one day. Just be sure to take it out of the cooler at least 2 hours before serving).
*Instead of using the salami as is you can arrange cubes of salami on a baking sheet or on parchment paper and crisp it up in the oven. This will give the salad the added texture of crunch.