Salami Pasta Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 10 ounces penne pasta, cooked until al dente and rinsed in cold water, set aside
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons each minced fresh basil and fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-1/2 cups cannellini beans
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ pound hard salami (Genoa or cotto), cubed*
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, beans and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and the salami, toss to combine.
- Sprinkle in the Parmesan and toss lightly to combine (can be made ahead and kept in the cooler, covered, for up to one day.
- Just be sure to take it out of the cooler at least 2 hours before serving).
- *Instead of using the salami as is you can arrange cubes of salami on a baking sheet or on parchment paper and crisp it up in the oven. This will give the salad the added texture of crunch.