Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 scallions, including 2 inches of the green top, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ quarts canned plum tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil for one minute.
- Add the scallions and onions and sauté, stirring for two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, cilantro, oregano, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
- Turn heat up to high and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced to about 2 cup.
- Cool and use, or store refrigerated.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza shell.