Extra-Spicy Tomato Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 quarts plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Sauté the garlic in the oil for about 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes, their juices, and the remaining ingredients.
- Crush the tomatoes to a purée.
- Simmer the sauce over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Cool slightly before storing in the cooler.
- Note: Adjust the spiciness by adjusting the amount of the chipotles used.