- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 tablespoon green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2/3 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Sausage ravioli
- Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions Warm pan to medium-high heat. Add butter. Once melted, add onions, garlic & peppers. Saute until onion is translucent.
Add mushrooms, tomatoes and basil to pan; continue to saute 1-2 minutes. Add cream to pan. Bring to a simmer and hold for 2-3 minutes.
Add grated cheese, stirring to incorporate. Add pasta and toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until pasta is warmed through. Serve on heated plate and garnish with basil leaves.