- 1 pound medium raw shrimp (peeled & deveined with tils removed)
- 8 ounces fettuccini
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced half)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Ground black pepper
- Seasoning salt
- Minced fresh parsley (for garnish)
Instructions Bring a large pot of salted water to boil & cook pasta to al dente.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch & heavy whipping cream.
In a large frying pan, melt butter and add oil. Saute onions & garlic until garlic is soft & the onions are translucent. Crush garlic.
Add shrimp & cook until pink. Stir in heavy whipping cream mixture. Stir until sauce has thickened. Mix in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Stir fettuccini into sauce and stir gently to coat.
Plate and garnish with minced parsley.