Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccini
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp (peeled & deveined with tils removed)
- 8 ounces fettuccini
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced half)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Ground black pepper
- Seasoning salt
- Minced fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil & cook pasta to al dente.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch & heavy whipping cream.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter and add oil.
- Saute onions & garlic until garlic is soft & the onions are translucent.
- Crush garlic.
- Add shrimp & cook until pink.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream mixture.
- Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Mix in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir fettuccini into sauce and stir gently to coat.
- Plate and garnish with minced parsley.