- Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base*
- 3 fresh or canned seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup seeded and finely chopped mild chile peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 ½ cups fresh-chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili power
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ tequila
Instructions 1. Follow instructions for “Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base”
2. Measure out the above combinations before adding them into the base. Mix well.
3. Make a small taster patty, cook and taste. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base Recipe
Yield: 12 pounds
7 pounds boned chicken and turkey leg and thigh meat.
3 pounds boned chicken breast meat
1 ½ pounds pork fat cut into 1/4 –inch dice, or 1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoon coarse grind black pepper
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 ½ cups wine or ¾ spirits and ¾ cup water
1. Grind the poultry through a medium or medium/coarse plate and season with the above ingredients.