Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 cups mushrooms with stems, sliced ¼ inch
- 1 red pepper
- 16 slices bacon, precooked, crumbled
- ¼ cup rendered bacon drippings
- 2 pounds cooked spaghetti (1 pound dry weight), precooked
- 4 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 3 cups béchamel sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt, to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and red pepper and slice vertically into ¼-inch slices.
- Set these items aside.
- Precook the bacon, until fully cooked, but not crisp.
- Save the rendered bacon drippings for sautéing the mushrooms and peppers.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions and blend with a little olive oil after draining to prevent sticking together.
- Add the reserved bacon drippings to a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms and peppers and sauté until the mushrooms are golden, but not brown.
- Add the bacon strips, stir well and turn off the heat.
- Add the warm, precooked spaghetti and blend all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add the warm béchamel sauce, black pepper, chopped parsley and salt, and blend thoroughly.
- Remove to a heated serving dish, or portion onto heated dinner plates, and sprinkle generously with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.