Spaghetti Squash Stuffed Peppers
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup fresh Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 4 sweet bell peppers
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- In a skillet, heat chicken broth to simmering.
- Add squash, mushrooms, onion, herbs, garlic and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for four minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and tomato.
- Slice tops off bell peppers; reserve.
- Scoop out center core and white ribs.
- Spoon filling into peppers, topping with cheese.
- Add tops.
- Place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 375 F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.