Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 3 pounds squid, cleaned, rinsed, body sac cut into ¼-inch rings, tentacles cut in half
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ribs of celery with leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Add squid rings and tentacles and cook just until rings turn opaque, about 1 minute.
- Transfer squid to a large serving bowl.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, add remaining ingredients.
- Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours