Stracciatella (Italian egg drop soup)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup water2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, beat eggs.
- Whisk in nutmeg and parsley.
- In a 2- or 3-quart pot, bring chicken stock and water to a gentle boil.
- Stir in Parmesan and spinach.
- Cook until spinach is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture while stirring with a whisk. Lower the heat to a simmer; cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring, (The egg should form ribbons in the soup.)
- Season with salt & pepper; serve immediately.