Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 1 recipe dough, rolled out into two 4x16-inch rectangles
- Brush each rectangle with mustard to taste (optional)
- Layer on each rectangle:
- 2-3 thin slices mozzarella
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 6-8 thin slices salami
- ¼ cup crumbled Italian Sausage
- ¼ tomato sauce
- A small handful of thinly sliced raw onion
- 3 slices tomato
- 3 slices green pepper
- 2-3 slices provolone or American cheese
- A sprinkling of oregano
- Place all the fillings right down the center of the rectangle of dough leaving about 3-4 inches on either side.
- Layer the fillings in order written.
- Fold one side of the dough over the fillings and bring the other side over that (kind of like folding a business letter into three sides).
- Tuck in the dough at the other end.
- Arrange seam side down on a greased baking pan.
- Let the Stromboli rise for 30 minutes before baking for a breadier texture, or bake them immediately at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.