Ingredients 1 recipe dough, rolled out into two 4×16-inch rectangles
Brush each rectangle with mustard to taste (optional)
- Layer on each rectangle:
- 2-3 thin slices mozzarella
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 6-8 thin slices salami
- ¼ cup crumbled Italian Sausage
- ¼ tomato sauce
- A small handful of thinly sliced raw onion
- 3 slices tomato
- 3 slices green pepper
- 2-3 slices provolone or American cheese
- A sprinkling of oregano
Instructions 1. Place all the fillings right down the center of the rectangle of dough leaving about 3-4 inches on either side.
2. Layer the fillings in order written.
3. Fold one side of the dough over the fillings and bring the other side over that (kind of like folding a business letter into three sides). Tuck in the dough at the other end.
4. Arrange seam side down on a greased baking pan.
5. Let the Stromboli rise for 30 minutes before baking for a breadier texture, or bake them immediately at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.