Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 4 large artichokes
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound prosciutto, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare artichokes for stuffing.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, parsley and prosciutto.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the mixture just to moisten.
- Combine well.
- Cut stem of each artichoke to make an even base so they will stand upright i the pot.
- Stuff an equal amount of the breadcrumb mixture into each artichoke.
- Place artichokes in a large pot to hold then upright (and touching).
- Add about ½ up of water to the pot.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil evenly over the artichokes.
- Sprinkle on the lemon juice.
- Place the pot over medium heat and cook, covered (but leave the cover open just a bit) at a bare simmer, for 40-45 minutes or until the leaves are easy to pull away.
- Add more water to the pot if necessary.
- Serve warm.