Clam-stuffed Mushroom Caps
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound of chopped clams
- 1 pound large mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed, rinsed
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 small minced onion
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup of clam juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay spice or Cajun spice
- 1 ½ cups Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onions and garlic in the butter.
- Add your chopped clams and juice and all seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and add breadcrumbs.
- You can stuff your mushrooms and then bake them to order.
- Garnish this appetizer with fresh lemon.