1 pound large, fresh mushrooms
1 slice prosciutto, minced
2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons seasoned, dry bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup water
¼ cup olive oil
1. Trim the stem end of the mushrooms. Wipe the mushrooms with damp paper towels. Remove the stems from the caps and chop fine.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the prosciutto, Romano cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, mushroom stems, salt, pepper and egg
3. Put some of the stuffing into each mushroom cap and spread evenly
4. Add the water to a baking dish. Place the caps, stuffing side up, in a single layer in the dish. Drizzle with olive oil evenly over the mushrooms.
5. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake the mushrooms in a preheated 325 degrees oven for 25 minutes.