Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound large, fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice prosciutto, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned, dry bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Trim the stem end of the mushrooms.
- Wipe the mushrooms with damp paper towels.
- Remove the stems from the caps and chop fine.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the prosciutto, Romano cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, mushroom stems, salt, pepper and egg
- Put some of the stuffing into each mushroom cap and spread evenly
- Add the water to a baking dish.
- Place the caps, stuffing side up, in a single layer in the dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil evenly over the mushrooms.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the mushrooms in a preheated 325 degrees oven for 25 minutes.