Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta shells until they are not quite al dente (they will finish cookin gin the oven).
- Set cooked shells on paper toweling to dry. (Shells can be cooked several hours ahead.)
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, salt, pepper, egg & oregano.
- Whip with a large spoon until smooth.
- Refrigerate if not using at once.
- Spoon a generous amount of the cheese mixture into each cooked shell, mounding filling slightly higher than the shell itself.
- If making portions to order, spread some warm marinara or meat sauce across the bottom of a baking dish.
- Put 3 of the stuffed shells on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle some of the Parmesan over each shell.
- Bake, uncovered, until sauce begins to bubble. Serve with additional sauce over the top of on the side.