The Purple People Eater
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 dough ball
- 1 medium to large onion
- 3 chipotle peppers from a can with adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried blueberry
- 8 leaves of raddichio del Traviso (regular raddichio will do in a pinch) slice thin or thick depending on what you like
- 1 rasher of thick-cut bacon, cut into thin batons
- 5-7 ounces of fresh curd torn into chunks
- Toss onions with olive oil in oven proof pan.
- Tear the chipotle peppers up and add to the pan with a small amount of adobo sauce (1 tablespoon).
- Heat in the oven for 12 to 16 minutes, tossing halfway to incorporate flavors.
- Remove from oven and toss dried blueberries, then put back in oven for 5 minutes until onions are limp.
- Remove and toss again, then put into a small container and cover to let the blueberries rehydrate with the steam.
- Place chipotle mix on the dough, then place the sliced raddichio, the bacon and the fresh curd. Bake.