Tomato & Arugula Pasta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 cups fresh summer tomatoes, any variety, diced ½-inch
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces cooked cavatappi or orrechiette pasta
- 1 cup arugula (or spinach), washed and dried
- 1 ounce ricotta salata, crumbled
- (can be substituted with grated Parmesan)
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Refrigerate until needed, up to two days.
- Re-heat cooked pasta in vegetable stock or water.
- Wilt arugula in sauté pan.
- Drain pasta, then immediately toss with sauce and arugula.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.