Tomato Soup Escoffier
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soup
- 1 #10 can diced tomatoes (drain and save juice)
- 4 pounds unsalted butter
- 1 pound onion
- 1 #10 can pizza sauce with basil
- ½ pound dark brown sugar
- ½ curry powder
- ½ gallon heavy cream
- In a soup pot, heat drained juice (about ½ gallon) and butter until butter is melted, then add onion. Cook 5-7minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, pizza sauce, sugar and curry.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- lend in a blender with heavy cream using cream to adjust the consistency.