Top Secret Cherry Tomato Prep
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauces
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Take two equal five-inch lids from ricotta or sour cream.
- Place the tomatoes shoulder to shoulder on the bottom lid.
- Place the other lid on top.
- Cut horizontally through the small gap with a sharp non-serrated knife. (although a serrated one will work.)
- To intensify a cherry tomato, I use an old secret that I’ve seen the Italians sneak by with while competing at the International Pizza Expo.
- Take a bunch of cherry or grape tomatoes in a sauté pan and sauté on medium heat with olive oil and sugar.
- The skins caramelize and the juices intensify into a wondrous sweet tomato bomb!