Ingredients Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base*
- 2 cups 1/4 –inched diced perconia Romano or aged provolone
- 1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground fennel seed
- 3 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 ½ cups red wine
Variation: add 1 or 2 tablespoon (to taste) of hot pepper flakes
1. Follow instructions for “Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base”
2. Measure out the above combinations before adding them into the base. Mix well.
3. Make a small taster patty, cook and taste. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base Recipe
Yield: 12 pounds
- 7 pounds boned chicken and turkey leg and thigh meat.
- 3 pounds boned chicken breast meat
- 1 ½ pounds pork fat cut into 1/4 –inch dice, or 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon coarse grind black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups wine or ¾ spirits and ¾ cup water
1. Grind the poultry through a medium or medium/coarse plate and season with the above ingredients.