Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 4 (about ¾ pound) fresh, almost dead-ripe, Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup arugula or mesclun (baby greens)
- Use a 9-inch diameter serving plate.
- Slice the tomatoes into almost paper thin rounds.
- Arrange them around the outer edge of the plate, slightly overlapping the slices, working toward the center of the plate to cover the plate entirely (you will use about 30-35 slices).
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tomatoes.
- Fluff the arugula onto the very center of the plate.
- CHEF'S NOTE: To create a tomato and zucchini carpaccio, alternate layers of thinly sliced tomatoes and zucchini. Serve with a cup of vinairette dipping sauce in the center of the p late in place of the arugula or mesclun.