- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped?
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved?
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives?
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tofu Caesar dressing (recipe follows)
- Tofu Croutons (recipe follows)
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, olives and croutons in a large bowl. Add cheese and dressing, tossing well to coat. Add croutons; serve immediately.
Tofu Caesar Dressing
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard?
- 1 ¼ cups cubed silken firm tofu?
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste?
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Purée garlic, mustard, tofu and lemon juice; add salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil. Add water to thin, if desired.
- 8 ounces water-packed extra-firm tofu?
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil?
- Salt to taste
Press the tofu with a paper towel. Cut it into ½-inch cubes. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is really hot, add the tofu; season with salt. Fry the cubes of tofu until they form a golden crust on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain well on paper towels. Keep the croutons at room temperature; 15 minutes before serving put them in a warm oven for up to 3 hours if desired.