White Clam Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups canned chopped sea clams
- In a saucepan or sauté pan set over medium heat, warm the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and sauté only until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Discard the garlic.
- Add the clam juice to the pan.
- Add the thyme and the red pepper flakes.
- Simmer over low heat for
- -4 minutes. Add the pepper and the parsley.
- Off the heat, add the chopped clams.
- Stir to combine.
- To make this white clam sauce into a red clam sauce, simply stir in about ¼ cup marinara sauce.
- This recipe will make enough sauce for about 4 servings of pasta. And it can be made ahead, but only to the point of adding the pepper and parsley.