White Truffle Mushroom Crema
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauces
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 heaping teaspoon mushroom base
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 4 ounces of pre-prepared Béchamel (Alfredo) sauce
- 1½ tablespoons white truffle oil. (You may use two if you want it stronger.)
- Place the Portobello mushrooms on a tray and coat the caps with the oil.
- Sprinkle the garlic and mushroom base on the caps and place in a deck or converyor oven at 475 F for 7 to 9 minutes. The mushrooms should be hot, limp and the garlic cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Place the ricotta, bechemel and truffle oil in a container or blender.
- When the Portobellos are cool, place in the container with all the oil and garlic in the pan and blend to a creamy consistency. Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Place in a refrigerator overnight or serve immediately.