Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¾ pound ziti or penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 12 kalamata (or other oil-cured) olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Dress the pasta with 2 tablespoons olive oil an toss well to coat.
- Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold the pasta.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil for 1 min.
- Add the garlic and saute for one min.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the sauce at a steady simmer for 30-35 min. or until it has reduced to about 2 cups. (Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated or held at room temperature for two hours.)
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and toss gently for two to three minutes to heat the pasta through. Serve.