- 3/4 pound ziti or penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 12 kalamata (or other oil-cured) olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Instructions Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until it is al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
Dress the pasta with 2 tablespoons olive oil an toss well to coat.
Put the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold the pasta. Over medium-high heat, heat the oil for 1 min.
Add the garlic and saute for one min. Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients. Cook the sauce at a steady simmer for 30-35 min. or until it has reduced to about 2 cups. (Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated or held at room temperature for two hours.)
Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and toss gently for two to three minutes to heat the pasta through. Serve.