Spring and summer means outdoor pests are looking to find a way in, and your protein supply (think flour, more specifically) is a welcome mat for them. The following measures can help you overcome your battle with insects in and around your restaurant.
• Clean and sanitize food prep surfaces and floors
• Keep food in covered containers
• Clean stove and grill hoods and exhaust system
• Cover garbage receptacles and keep outdoor garbage receptacles away from
• Fix leaks in faucets and roofs
• Keep drains and gutters clean
• Use plastic bags for wet garbage
• Direct condensation from air conditioning away from the building
• Seal any cracks or openings near windows, doors, vents, pipes, etc.
• Inspect deliveries from suppliers
• Install air curtains on exterior doors
• Get rid of excess cardboard; don’t store supplies in cardboard shipping