The net of online marketing is so wide and vast that it’s sometimes difficult to analyze what works from what’s a waste of your time and money. Return on investment still apply with digital marketing strategies. The Financial Post offers five digital marketing don’ts for 2014. They are:
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. While it may be fun to create entertaining, six-second videos on Vine, but if it’s not building your brand awareness and getting customers in the door, it’s time to evaluate whether to dump it. Find out what social media networks your regulars are using and focus your efforts on them.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Since Instagram added a 15-second video function, it’s share of the social market has increased. Take a look at sites like Mashable, to see what the up-and-coming social networks are. Then, ask your fans what they think about the trend.
- Don’t disregard social advertising channels. Keep your eyes on Facebook and Twitter’s advertising channels. They are going to play a pivotal role in your presence on those networks.
- Don’t be a social media FAIL. The image that you and your team present on social networks should be in line with your pizzeria’s mission, purpose and standards. Think before you post. And when someone complains online, solve the issue as you would in your restaurant.
- Don’t undervalue e-commerce. Your sales channels are much wider than your store. Online ordering can boost sales with its upselling opportunities, increase order accuracy and free up employees on busy phone orders.
Don’t forget, you’re not alone. Pizza Today is social. We’re active on social networks to help pizzeria operators every step of the way. Follow us on:
January 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I dip, you dip, we dip! A tantalizing dip is a great way to provide instant gratification. Many can be made ahead of time and simply heated or plated. A favorite in Pizza Today’s home base of Louisville, Kentucky is beer cheese. Now, there’s debate on whether it should be served hot or cold. But… Read More ›
January 11, 2017 | Press Releases
Dallas, Texas – RAVE Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAVE) today announced that the Board of Directors has named Scott Crane as Chief Executive Officer, effective today. Crane succeeds Interim CEO Clinton J. Coleman, who will remain in his role as a member of the Board, where he has served since 2007. “Scott is dynamic leader… Read More ›
January 4, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
As a new year rang in, the food industry made its predictions of restaurant trends that will sweep the nation, from rising concepts to customer-facing tech and hot menu items. How do these forecasts correlate to the pizza industry? What’s going to be this year’s hot pizza style? What are your predictions? Let’s take a… Read More ›