The net of online marketing is so wide and vast that it’s sometimes difficult to analyze what works from what’s a waste of your time and money. Return on investment still apply with digital marketing strategies. The Financial Post offers five digital marketing don’ts for 2014. They are:
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. While it may be fun to create entertaining, six-second videos on Vine, but if it’s not building your brand awareness and getting customers in the door, it’s time to evaluate whether to dump it. Find out what social media networks your regulars are using and focus your efforts on them.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Since Instagram added a 15-second video function, it’s share of the social market has increased. Take a look at sites like Mashable, to see what the up-and-coming social networks are. Then, ask your fans what they think about the trend.
- Don’t disregard social advertising channels. Keep your eyes on Facebook and Twitter’s advertising channels. They are going to play a pivotal role in your presence on those networks.
- Don’t be a social media FAIL. The image that you and your team present on social networks should be in line with your pizzeria’s mission, purpose and standards. Think before you post. And when someone complains online, solve the issue as you would in your restaurant.
- Don’t undervalue e-commerce. Your sales channels are much wider than your store. Online ordering can boost sales with its upselling opportunities, increase order accuracy and free up employees on busy phone orders.
Don’t forget, you’re not alone. Pizza Today is social. We’re active on social networks to help pizzeria operators every step of the way. Follow us on:
March 19, 2018 | Pizza Expo News
Monday afternoon at Pizza Expo is all about launching a pizzeria and growing an existing one. The seminar rooms were standing room only as pizzeria operators and industry experts sounded off on essential pizzeria business topics from menu creativity, pizza dough and ingredients to operational systems and employee hiring. We’ve collected few quotes from the… Read More ›
March 18, 2018 | Pizza Expo News
Be in Room S220-221 on Wednesday, March 21 at 3:30 p.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center during Pizza Expo. You will be inspired, moved, entertained and proud. Three young pizzeria owner/operators will take the stage to share their stories of success, vision and innovation. Afterward, you, the pizzeria professional, will select one to be our… Read More ›
For entrepreneur Scott Svenson, it all started with a cup of coffee and an idea for a new business. Living in London, England, but missing their hometown Seattle, he and his wife Ally started the Seattle Coffee Company, a coffee chain with a hint of home. In 1998 Starbucks came knocking and bought the company… Read More ›