The net of online marketing is so wide and vast that it’s sometimes difficult to analyze what works from what’s a waste of your time and money. Return on investment still apply with digital marketing strategies. The Financial Post offers five digital marketing don’ts for 2014. They are:
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. While it may be fun to create entertaining, six-second videos on Vine, but if it’s not building your brand awareness and getting customers in the door, it’s time to evaluate whether to dump it. Find out what social media networks your regulars are using and focus your efforts on them.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Since Instagram added a 15-second video function, it’s share of the social market has increased. Take a look at sites like Mashable, to see what the up-and-coming social networks are. Then, ask your fans what they think about the trend.
- Don’t disregard social advertising channels. Keep your eyes on Facebook and Twitter’s advertising channels. They are going to play a pivotal role in your presence on those networks.
- Don’t be a social media FAIL. The image that you and your team present on social networks should be in line with your pizzeria’s mission, purpose and standards. Think before you post. And when someone complains online, solve the issue as you would in your restaurant.
- Don’t undervalue e-commerce. Your sales channels are much wider than your store. Online ordering can boost sales with its upselling opportunities, increase order accuracy and free up employees on busy phone orders.
Don’t forget, you’re not alone. Pizza Today is social. We’re active on social networks to help pizzeria operators every step of the way. Follow us on:
June 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Representatives from Guinness World Records were on hand to certify USA’s longest pizza record attempt at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on June 10th, 2017. The finished pizza stretched 6,333 feet. That is nearly 1.2 miles long. The previous record of 6,082 feet was made in Naples, Italy in 2016. A team of pizza… Read More ›
June 8, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Attend the premier event for pizzeria operators and Italian restaurateurs who are looking to source ingredients, equipment and supplies. Registration is now open for Pizza & Pasta Northeast, the largest pizza and pasta conference and tradeshow on the East Coast. The first-ever Pizza & Pasta Northeast will feature more than 200 booths of products and… Read More ›
June 6, 2017 | Press Releases
Celebrations, Giveaways and Family-friendly activities Throughout Weekend Tuesday, June 6, 2017 – Fredericksburg, VA – The Church Restaurant Group, LLC announced today the opening of the first Malawi’s Pizza – Pizza with a Purpose® franchise on the eastern seaboard with grand opening celebrations beginning Friday, June 23 through Sunday, June 25, 2017. The fast-casual gourmet… Read More ›