The net of online marketing is so wide and vast that it’s sometimes difficult to analyze what works from what’s a waste of your time and money. Return on investment still apply with digital marketing strategies. The Financial Post offers five digital marketing don’ts for 2014. They are:
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. While it may be fun to create entertaining, six-second videos on Vine, but if it’s not building your brand awareness and getting customers in the door, it’s time to evaluate whether to dump it. Find out what social media networks your regulars are using and focus your efforts on them.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Since Instagram added a 15-second video function, it’s share of the social market has increased. Take a look at sites like Mashable, to see what the up-and-coming social networks are. Then, ask your fans what they think about the trend.
- Don’t disregard social advertising channels. Keep your eyes on Facebook and Twitter’s advertising channels. They are going to play a pivotal role in your presence on those networks.
- Don’t be a social media FAIL. The image that you and your team present on social networks should be in line with your pizzeria’s mission, purpose and standards. Think before you post. And when someone complains online, solve the issue as you would in your restaurant.
- Don’t undervalue e-commerce. Your sales channels are much wider than your store. Online ordering can boost sales with its upselling opportunities, increase order accuracy and free up employees on busy phone orders.
Don’t forget, you’re not alone. Pizza Today is social. We’re active on social networks to help pizzeria operators every step of the way. Follow us on:
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›
April 7, 2017 | Videos
April 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I’ve got some exciting news to share with you regarding our Wednesday keynote address at Pizza & Pasta Northeast, which will be held October 17–18, 2017 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Many have heard the call, but only two pizza makers have been chosen¬—at least by a national television network—to travel the country in… Read More ›