While the origins of National Pizza Day are a bit fuzzy, anytime is a great time to celebrate pizza. February 9th has been dubbed National Pizza Day.
The day is a perfect opportunity to share your own fun pizza facts on social media. Don’t forget to use good photos. That will help its shareability. Posting your fun facts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or SnapChat is a great way to let your customers get to know your pizzeria in a fun way. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- When was the restaurant founded?
- Who was the first customer you served? (Do you remember?)
- What pizza(s) are your employees favorites? Take a shot of them holding or eating their favorite to share?
- What are your customers’ “Top 5” pizza toppings?
- How many pounds of dough do you make in a given timeframe (week, month or year)?
- How many pounds of cheese do your customers eat (week, month or year)?
- What’s the largest delivery or carryout order at your restaurant?
- Do you hold any local records/rewards?
You can also highlight a few Guinness World Records that may blow your customers’ minds:
- The world’s longest pizza was over 6,000 feet, achieved by Napoli Pizza Village in Naples, Italy in 2016.
- The world’s largest pizza measured in at just over 13,580 square feet, achieved by Dovilio Nardi in Rome, Italy in 2012.
- Our Man on the Street Scott Wiener holds the record for the largest collection of pizza boxes (595 different boxes in 2013 and still counting) in Brooklyn, NY.
- Largest pizza commercially available is 4 feet, 6 inches x 4 feet, 6 inches and is sold at Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzeria in Los Angeles.
You can check more pizza-related records at Guinness World Records. You could challenge your guests to help you set a local, regional, national or even world record.
However you mark National Pizza Day, we at Pizza Today celebrate you, the pizzeria operator. Happy National Pizza Day!
July 10, 2017 | Press Releases
Additional Dollar Will be Donated by Cottage Inn Pizza for Every #GlutINNfree Social Media Post with Photo of Gluten-Free Pizza ANN ARBOR, Mich. – There’s no pizza like Cottage Inn Pizza —and this time, on July 13, they are celebrating their gluten-free menu by hosting a “Dine and Donate” event! Cottage Inn has long been… Read More ›
July 7, 2017 | Press Releases
Elgin, Ill. (July 6, 2017) – The CTX WOW! Grilling System has been chosen as a recipient of the 2017 Kitchen Innovation Award from the National Restaurant Association. The award was presented at the National Restaurant Association Show in May. “It is exciting that the Middleby Marshall and the CTX team are able to continuously… Read More ›
July 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
October 17-18, 2017 Developed specifically for owners and operators of pizzerias and Italian restaurants, there’s something for everyone at the new Pizza & Pasta Northeast tradeshow. For two jam-packed days, you’ll have access to more than 200 booths of products and services, as well as top-shelf demonstrations, workshops, seminars and special events. Whether you’re an… Read More ›