While the origins of National Pizza Day are a bit fuzzy, anytime is a great time to celebrate pizza. February 9th has been dubbed National Pizza Day.
The day is a perfect opportunity to share your own fun pizza facts on social media. Don’t forget to use good photos. That will help its shareability. Posting your fun facts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or SnapChat is a great way to let your customers get to know your pizzeria in a fun way. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- When was the restaurant founded?
- Who was the first customer you served? (Do you remember?)
- What pizza(s) are your employees favorites? Take a shot of them holding or eating their favorite to share?
- What are your customers’ “Top 5” pizza toppings?
- How many pounds of dough do you make in a given timeframe (week, month or year)?
- How many pounds of cheese do your customers eat (week, month or year)?
- What’s the largest delivery or carryout order at your restaurant?
- Do you hold any local records/rewards?
You can also highlight a few Guinness World Records that may blow your customers’ minds:
- The world’s longest pizza was over 6,000 feet, achieved by Napoli Pizza Village in Naples, Italy in 2016.
- The world’s largest pizza measured in at just over 13,580 square feet, achieved by Dovilio Nardi in Rome, Italy in 2012.
- Our Man on the Street Scott Wiener holds the record for the largest collection of pizza boxes (595 different boxes in 2013 and still counting) in Brooklyn, NY.
- Largest pizza commercially available is 4 feet, 6 inches x 4 feet, 6 inches and is sold at Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzeria in Los Angeles.
You can check more pizza-related records at Guinness World Records. You could challenge your guests to help you set a local, regional, national or even world record.
However you mark National Pizza Day, we at Pizza Today celebrate you, the pizzeria operator. Happy National Pizza Day!
May 24, 2017 | Press Releases
TROY, Ohio (May 23, 2017) — Hobart, the premium commercial food equipment manufacturer known for designing and building some of the most reliable, must-have equipment, has announced the winners of its recent custom-painted mixer and food processor giveaways. Mandy Kahlon of Antelope, California won a custom-painted Legacy® HL662 Pizza Mixer in a random drawing at… Read More ›
May 20, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
People love bacon, right? What’s not to love? Let’s give them what they want. Here are five bacon pizza recipes to test in your pizzeria: California BLT A popular sandwich made pizza style with an Alfredo base, bacon, mozzarella and white cheddar cheese, California tomatoes, romaine lettuce, Italian vinaigrette and Parmesan. Click here for the… Read More ›
May 18, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Discover pizza style search comparisons & three ways to use Google Trends Gearing up for our multiple pizza styles focus in the June issue of Pizza Today, we compared five pizza styles using Google Trends. The free service uses a Google Search sampling to compare search terms and gauge consumer search behaviors over time. You… Read More ›