Huffington Post selected seven cities that stake claim to the best pizza in America. Take a look at why Huffington Post chose each city:
New York City, New York — birthplace of American pizza; NYC “remains at the heart of American pizza culture today
- Trenton, New Jersey — gets the nod for its “distinctive old-world charm”
- New Haven, Connecticut — the small city “has earned a reputation for world-class pizza,, cultivating its own distinctive take on the Neapolitan style”
- Chicago, Illinois — ‘thick-crust deep-pan pizza… seems somewhat symbolic of American indulgence.” Huffington Post also recognized the city for stretching beyond its thick roots to other styles
- Providence, Rhode Island — was noted for the “variety of twists on traditional methods,” such as grilled and coal-fired pizzas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — with its strong Italian-American population has sparked a thriving pizza culture
- Boston, Massachusetts — has a reputation for its pizzeria heritage without its own definitive style.
Check out the Huffington Post list of its top seven pizza cities.
Who’s missing? What about cities west of Chicago or south of New Jersey? What’s your “Top 7” pizza cities in the U.S.? Let the debate begin?
January 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I dip, you dip, we dip! A tantalizing dip is a great way to provide instant gratification. Many can be made ahead of time and simply heated or plated. A favorite in Pizza Today’s home base of Louisville, Kentucky is beer cheese. Now, there’s debate on whether it should be served hot or cold. But… Read More ›
January 11, 2017 | Press Releases
Dallas, Texas – RAVE Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAVE) today announced that the Board of Directors has named Scott Crane as Chief Executive Officer, effective today. Crane succeeds Interim CEO Clinton J. Coleman, who will remain in his role as a member of the Board, where he has served since 2007. “Scott is dynamic leader… Read More ›
January 4, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
As a new year rang in, the food industry made its predictions of restaurant trends that will sweep the nation, from rising concepts to customer-facing tech and hot menu items. How do these forecasts correlate to the pizza industry? What’s going to be this year’s hot pizza style? What are your predictions? Let’s take a… Read More ›