Huffington Post selected seven cities that stake claim to the best pizza in America. Take a look at why Huffington Post chose each city:
New York City, New York — birthplace of American pizza; NYC “remains at the heart of American pizza culture today
- Trenton, New Jersey — gets the nod for its “distinctive old-world charm”
- New Haven, Connecticut — the small city “has earned a reputation for world-class pizza,, cultivating its own distinctive take on the Neapolitan style”
- Chicago, Illinois — ‘thick-crust deep-pan pizza… seems somewhat symbolic of American indulgence.” Huffington Post also recognized the city for stretching beyond its thick roots to other styles
- Providence, Rhode Island — was noted for the “variety of twists on traditional methods,” such as grilled and coal-fired pizzas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — with its strong Italian-American population has sparked a thriving pizza culture
- Boston, Massachusetts — has a reputation for its pizzeria heritage without its own definitive style.
Check out the Huffington Post list of its top seven pizza cities.
Who’s missing? What about cities west of Chicago or south of New Jersey? What’s your “Top 7” pizza cities in the U.S.? Let the debate begin?
August 15, 2017 | Videos
Jay Jerrier, owner of Cane Rosso in Dallas, Texas, answers the question: how do you train your pizza makers? Cane Rosso has been named Pizza Today’s 2017 Independent Pizzeria of the Year. “How do You Train Your Pizza Makers?” is the second of a three-part series featuring Cane Rosso. Read More ›
August 11, 2017 | Press Releases
Donate school supplies, receive a free slice of pizza at Greenville Avenue Pizza Company What: On Thursday, August 17th, Greenville Avenue Pizza Company is hosting its 5th annual “Slices for Supplies” event, a charitable initiative to benefit a local DISD elementary school. Pizza eaters everywhere are invited to join in by swinging by GAPCo anytime… Read More ›
National Pizza Franchise Brings on New Franchisee to Further Develop Southwestern Presence MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (August 11, 2017) – Hungry Howie’s Pizza, originator of the Flavored Crust® pizza, has inked a 20-store multi-unit agreement in Arizona with plans to open the new locations within the next five years. In addition, franchisee Fawzi Simon has also… Read More ›