Huffington Post selected seven cities that stake claim to the best pizza in America. Take a look at why Huffington Post chose each city:
New York City, New York — birthplace of American pizza; NYC “remains at the heart of American pizza culture today
- Trenton, New Jersey — gets the nod for its “distinctive old-world charm”
- New Haven, Connecticut — the small city “has earned a reputation for world-class pizza,, cultivating its own distinctive take on the Neapolitan style”
- Chicago, Illinois — ‘thick-crust deep-pan pizza… seems somewhat symbolic of American indulgence.” Huffington Post also recognized the city for stretching beyond its thick roots to other styles
- Providence, Rhode Island — was noted for the “variety of twists on traditional methods,” such as grilled and coal-fired pizzas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — with its strong Italian-American population has sparked a thriving pizza culture
- Boston, Massachusetts — has a reputation for its pizzeria heritage without its own definitive style.
Check out the Huffington Post list of its top seven pizza cities.
Who’s missing? What about cities west of Chicago or south of New Jersey? What’s your “Top 7” pizza cities in the U.S.? Let the debate begin?
July 16, 2018 | Videos
July 11, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
That’s A Some Pizza’s 120-Year-Old Sourdough Starter Inducted into Puratos World Heritage Sourdough Library
Based in Belgium, unique library is dedicated to cataloging and saving sourdough from all over the world It’s a Monday morning on Bainbridge Island in Washington State. The spring sun is trying its best to break through stubborn Pacific Northwest storm clouds and, except for the sound of commuters making their way to the Seattle ferry,… Read More ›
July 10, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Go inside the anti-plastic straw trend Starbucks is the latest company to announce that the coffee giant will eliminate single-use plastic straws in all of its stores by 2020. That adds up to the elimination of more than one billion plastic straws per year. In Starbucks’ official release, President and CEO Kevin Johnson said, “For… Read More ›