Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
April 18, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Create buzz with creative challenges This Sunday, John’s Incredible Pizza Company will host a pizza eating competition. While that event alone is nothing new, the California-based buffet and game company took it to a new level: the even is sanctioned by Major League Eating (MLE), the governing body that, according to its Web site, oversees… Read More ›
April 17, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Q&A with Jeff Bach on the creative pizza menu at Ian’s Jeff Bach is the Mad Scientist of Pizza Toppings at Ian’s Pizza. No, really. That is his title at the Wisconsin-based pizza company with six locations in Madison and Milwaukee, Denver and Seattle. Ian’s is known for its constant rotation of unique and… Read More ›
April 11, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Brothers Nick & Jared Wayne own A Tavola (a Neo-Neapolitan pizzeria with two locations) and sister concept Taglio (a Roman-style pizzeria) in Cincinnati, along with a gelato shop (La Grassa). A Tavola was featured in the April issue of Pizza Today. Here they sit down with Editor-in-Chief Jeremy White to further discuss their business. Jeremy: So… Read More ›