Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
August 15, 2017 | Videos
Jay Jerrier, owner of Cane Rosso in Dallas, Texas, answers the question: how do you train your pizza makers? Cane Rosso has been named Pizza Today’s 2017 Independent Pizzeria of the Year. “How do You Train Your Pizza Makers?” is the second of a three-part series featuring Cane Rosso. Read More ›
August 11, 2017 | Press Releases
Donate school supplies, receive a free slice of pizza at Greenville Avenue Pizza Company What: On Thursday, August 17th, Greenville Avenue Pizza Company is hosting its 5th annual “Slices for Supplies” event, a charitable initiative to benefit a local DISD elementary school. Pizza eaters everywhere are invited to join in by swinging by GAPCo anytime… Read More ›
National Pizza Franchise Brings on New Franchisee to Further Develop Southwestern Presence MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (August 11, 2017) – Hungry Howie’s Pizza, originator of the Flavored Crust® pizza, has inked a 20-store multi-unit agreement in Arizona with plans to open the new locations within the next five years. In addition, franchisee Fawzi Simon has also… Read More ›