Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
November 16, 2017 | Videos
Pizza Today Editor-in-Chief Jeremy White breaks down what you need to do to become the 2018 Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Don’t delay. Submissions are due by December 15. More details at 2018 Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Read More ›
November 15, 2017 | Press Releases
Fast-Casual Build-Your-Own Pizza Restaurant Offers Locally Inspired Components at each Restaurant ANAHEIM, Calif. —The Pizza Press, a leading fast-casual, build-your-own pizza restaurant, has its eyes set on national expansion with 30 restaurants slated to open by early 2018. As the franchise continues its development efforts, it has put an extreme focus on maintaining local relevance… Read More ›
MAFIAoZAs 12 South Pizzeria and Neighborhood Pub To Be Featured on The Cooking Channel’s LATE NIGHT EATS Nashville
NASHVILLE, TN—November 14, 2017-MAFIAoZAs 12South Pizzeria and Neighborhood Pub is excited to announce that the restaurant will be featured on The Cooking Channel’s LATE NIGHT EATS, Nashville. This Fall, the Cooking Channel and Chef Jordan Andino take a multi-city road trip to find the best dishes available after-dark in the new thirteen-episode series, LATE NIGHT EATS…. Read More ›