Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
April 27, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Washington, D.C. – April 27, 2017 – The American Pizza Community (APC) salutes National Small Business Week with stories of pizza store owners who started out small and how the industry supports and provides opportunities for ownership. Fifty-two percent of the nearly 74,000 pizza stores nationwide are independently-owned and operated, according to Pizza Monthly Quarterly’s… Read More ›
April 26, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-inspired pizza features 101 cheeses On Sunday, April 23, Scottie Rivera and his crew at Scottie’s Pizza Parlor in Portland, Oregon, set a new world record with its Centouno Formaggio (101 Cheese Pizza). The pizza has been submitted to Guinness World Records for the “Most Cheeses on a Pizza”. “This pizza is inspired… Read More ›
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›