The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Surveys Research Group has presented findings on the “Consumption of Pizza” in America this month.
This report presents results on American pizza consumption among U.S. children and adults during 2007-2010 by gender, age, and race/ethnicity. Highlights from the USDA report include:
- About 1 in 8 Americans consumed pizza on any given day. More than 1 in 4 males, ages 6-19 years, consumed pizza on a day.
- For adults, whites were more likely to consume pizza than either blacks or Hispanics; for children, there were no differences by race/ethnicity.
- On the day consumed, pizza provided about one-fourth of the total daily energy.
- When consumed pizza contributed about one-third of the daily intakes for sodium and calcium, and more than half of the daily intake for lycopene.
- For adults, the majority of pizza was consumed at dinner. For children, the distribution was similar for lunch and dinner.
The study shows that 13 percent of the U.S. population consumed pizza on any given day.
The percent varies depending on age range: 22 percent for older children (6-11 years) and adolescents (12-19 years) to less than six percent for seniors (60 years and older).
View the report: Consumption of Pizza.
Look for our analysis of the USDA report in upcoming Pizza Headlines.
September 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
20 Percent Of Every Order at All Fresh Brothers Stores Will Be Donated To Hurricane Flood Relief On Tuesday, September 12 and September 19 Los Angeles, CA (Sept. 12, 2017) — Fast casual pizza concept Fresh Brothers will donate 20 percent of its food and beverage sales today from all of its stores to the Greater Houston Community… Read More ›
September 6, 2017 | Press Releases
Partnership Provides Participating Brands with Instant Access to LevelUp and its Network of Partners Including Chase Pay Boston – September 6, 2017 – LevelUp and Onosys, both leaders in mobile technology for the restaurant industry, today announced a partnership to help restaurants grow their order-ahead sales via new channel distribution partners such as Chase Pay. Onosys… Read More ›
Dunbar, Pennsylvania – MF&B Restaurant Systems, Inc. revealed today that they have partnered with Jestic Foodservice of Kent. UK. This partnership names Jestic Foodservice as the exclusive UK distributor of the EDGE series conveyor ovens manufactured by MF&B Restaurant Systems. Michael French, of MF&B, said that he was “especially delighted” to be working with Jestic. … Read More ›