Boulevard and Odell Join the Ranks and Celebrate 25th Anniversaries with Collaboration Ales at Select Old Chicago Pizza Locations
BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, a traditional casual dining restaurant known for its expansive selection of craft beers, is continuing its Explorer Series with an exclusive collaboration event with Boulevard and Odell Brewing Companies. This installment celebrates the 25th anniversary of the two popular breweries, and to mark the occasion, Boulevard and Odell have teamed up to introduce the Silver Anniversary Ale, the featured beer for this Old Chicago Explorer Series. This golden-copper ale is characterized by its ample body of caramel-toffee malt balanced by piney hop notes and is available only at Old Chicago locations in Colorado, Nebraska, Minnesota and Missouri.
On November 17, 1989 Boulevard founder John McDonald loaded a keg of Boulevard Pale Ale into the bed of his pickup truck and delivered it to a restaurant a few blocks down the street. Less than 24 hours later and only 650 miles away Doug Odell was putting a keg of Odell Golden Ale into his own truck. These were the first kegs of beer each man ever sold. This Explorer Series will celebrate not only the silver anniversary of Boulevard and Odell but also the long and thriving relationship between the two breweries and Old Chicago.
“We are delighted with the relationships we’ve built with both Boulevard and Odell over the last several years,” said Jason Murphy, Old Chicago’s brand manager. “To be a part of this milestone celebration is a tremendous honor for us. We’re eager to have our guests enjoy the collaboration Silver Anniversary Ale as well as the other selections we’ll be offering during this Explorer Series.”
In addition to the Silver Anniversary Ale, which will debut November 12, the series will also feature other selections from Boulevard and Odell, as well as special anniversary tappings that will be released on each anniversary date. Selections include:
- Odell 90 Shilling – An irresistibly smooth and delicious medium-bodied amber ale. The name 90 Shilling comes from the Scottish method of taxing beer.
- Odell Gramps Oatmeal Stout – Flaked oats and roasted malts give Gramps a full body and creamy smooth feel. Hints of chocolate, coffee and cream combine for a complex yet familiar taste of breakfast back home.
- Odell Myrcenary Double IPA – Brewed with a blend of hops containing the highest levels of myrcene, this double IPA prevails with a tropical fruit-like flavor, a pungent floral aroma, and a clean getaway.
- Odell 180 Shilling (Special Anniversary Tapping) – A double version of the recipe that started it all. A hearty roasted malt base balanced by subtle earthy hops and aged on oak to create notes of toffee, plum, vanilla and dried cherry.
- Boulevard Pale Ale – A smooth, fruity and well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts impart a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole hops adds zest and aroma.
- Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale – With fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.
- Boulevard Nutcracker Ale – A classic winter ale, deep amber in color with hints of molasses balanced by the “spiciness” of freshly harvested Chinook hops.
- Boulevard Harvest Dace (Special Anniversary Tapping) – A big, warming burst of tropical fruit flavors, highlighted by subtle wine-like notes, and rounding slowly to a long, dry, oaky finish.
As an added perk, guests who try the Boulevard or Odell brews may keep the limited-edition collaboration glass for just $2.
A leader in the traditional casual dining space, Old Chicago has been serving handcrafted cuisine and local craft beers across the nation for 37 years. Old Chicago is committed to quality creations and to showcasing local, regional and national craft brewers while providing great value in a welcoming atmosphere. To learn more about Old Chicago, visit www.oldchicago.com.
About Old Chicago
Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom (Old Chicago) is a traditional, casual dining restaurant specializing in Chicago-style pizzas, taproom classics and craft beer. Founded in 1976, Old Chicago operates in 22 states with 96 restaurants. With over 30 craft beers on tap, Old Chicago is also the home of the World Beer Tour which rewards members for enjoying 110 of the best craft beers from across the globe. Visit www.oldchicago.com to learn more and to find the restaurant nearest you. For information about franchise opportunities, visit www.ocfranchising.com.
CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc., through its three principal operating units, Old Chicago, Gordon Biersch and Rock Bottom, is the nation’s leading operator and franchisor of craft beer-focused casual dining and brewery restaurants with nearly 200 owned and franchised locations across the United States. CraftWorks also operates strong regional brands, including ChopHouse and Big River. The company maintains dual headquarters in Chattanooga, Tenn. and Broomfield, Colo. For additional information, please visit www.craftworksrestaurants.com.
February 15, 2018 | Pizza Expo News
By Jeremy White We get it — you walk into the Las Vegas Convention Center in March and see pandemonium. There’s a huge line waiting on the International Pizza Expo show floor to open. You just got your official attendee badge and can’t decide whether to head upstairs to sit in on seminars or to… Read More ›
Pizza Today Associate Editor Denise Greer takes you through some amazing features of the Pizza Expo App that will make your show experience. There are several awesome features that you should get to know before International Pizza Expo (March 19-22, 2018) including: My Planner, the Login feature, Locate Me Showfloor Map, Show Specials, Product Galleries… Read More ›
February 13, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Pizzerias Show Valentine’s Day Insta Love Tag #pizzatoday on your heart-shaped pizza shares. Need a Valentine’s Day pizza how-to tutorial, Managing Editor and Food Stylist Mandy Detwiler has you covered. Take a tour of heart-shaped pizzas we came across on Instagram below. How to say “I love you” 🍕 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ❤️VALENTINE’S DAY SPECIAL ❤️ 📍:… Read More ›