Bruschetta di Pomodoro
Slice bread (about ¾-inch thick) into 12 pieces. Lay the slices on a sheet pan and toast in the oven (or grill), turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides. Rub each slice with fresh garlic while still hot.
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 medium ripe fresh tomatoes, cored, seeded, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 12-18 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 12 slices of the toasted bread
- Grated Parmesan
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and basil.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
- Generally, three slices to a serving works fine.