Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound of thick sliced, smoked bacon (this should be 8 to 9 slices for each marinade below)
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (These are usually in 7-ounce cans)
- or 3 cups maple syrup
- Place the bacon strips on parchment and cook at 475 F until the bacon has melting fat coming off of it.
- This is approximately 4 to 6 minutes depending on oven.
- Do not let it brown or shrivel up.
- Let cool.
- Crush the whole canned chipotle peppers in with your fingers and add to the adobo sauce.
- Place the adobo sauce or the maple syrup in a small enough lexan or a baggie so that the liquid is in constant contact with the bacon.
- Place in the walk-in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning cut to small enough pizza topping slices and cook on any pizza.