Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or distilled white vinegar)
- Put the milk and the cream in a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
- Stir gently until the mixture has separated into thick curds.
- Set a large sieve in a deep bowl.
- Line the sieve with fine-mesh cheesecloth.
- Pour the curds and liquid (the whey) into the cheesecloth and let it drain for 15-20 minutes. Scrape the ricotta into a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.