Grissini Dolce (Sweet Breadsticks)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound of once-risen pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons grated zest of fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Confectioner's sugar
- Punch down the dough and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the lemon zest, sugar, oil, and beaten egg yolk; mix well and add to the pizza dough.
- Knead the dough until the added ingredients are incorporated (add a small amount of milk if necessary to keep the dough smooth and satiny) and the dough is springy
- Pinch of pieces of dough (about 2 ounces) and roll by hand into stick or tubes about 8 inches long and thick as a cigar.
- Place the breadsticks ½ inch apart on lightly oiled baking sheets.
- Cover with plastic wrap or towels and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Brush the tops with egg yolk and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.