Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- ½ pound green olives in brine (Manzanilla, Arbequina or Pincholine)
- ½ pound black olives (Nicoise, Kalamata or Lugano)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 strip fresh zest
- Olive oil
- Put the olives in a large glass jar or glazed crock.
- Add the garlic, oregano, vinegar and paprika and stir gently to combine.
- Add the olive oil to cover.
- Store in a dark cool place.
- These are best served after at least two weeks.
- Remove olives with slotted spoon and serve.
- When all the olives have been used strain the oil and use for a salad dressing.