Author: Piper Kapin, Back Road Pizza, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4-ounce pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon cornmeal
- ½ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- ⅛ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ tablespoon basil pesto
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl mix together tomato, red onion, balsamic vinaigrette and pesto. Set aside to marinate while you roll the dough out.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over rolling surface and roll out dough into cornmeal to 6-inch circle.
- Brush dough circle with olive oil.
- Put tomato mixture on the dough and spread over the circle leaving a small crust edge.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over tomato mixture and put directly on pizza stone in the oven.
- Bake 6 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot!