Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan
- 1-1/2 cups Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3 medium size zucchini, washed, trimmed (but not skinned), but into 3 inch-long by about ½ in-wide strips
- In a mixing bowl, combine Parmesan, Panko & salt. In another bowl whisk eggs.
- Dip zucchini in egg to coat, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Coat zucchini on both sides with Panko, pressing so that the Panko sticks,
- Deep-fry zucchini strips (n batches if necessary) until they are golden brown (about 3 min. at 375 F). Drain on paper toweling.
- Can be made aea and held for up to one hour.
- Serve with aioli dipping sauce on the side.