Cinnamon and Raisin Biscotti
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup whole almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, combine and beat the egg and sugar until thick and lemony in color.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Blend well Mix in the raisins and almonds.
- Turn the dough out of the mixer onto the work surface.
- Knead gently for 2 min. to combine the ingredients.
- Shape dough into a log that is about 12 inches long by 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Transfer to lined sheet pan.
- Flatten the top of log slightly with hands, tapering towards the edge.
- Bake for 20 min.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 min.
- Using a serrated knife cut the log crosswise, at a diagonal, into ⅓-inch wide slices.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet an bake for 4 min.
- Turn slices over and bake another 4 min.
- Cool biscotti on the baking sheet.
- Serve when cool.