Creamy Chocolate Gelato
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
Serves: 3 quarts
- 6 cups of whole milk, divided
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 12 egg yolks, beaten
- 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine half the milk with egg yolks and sugar.
- Cook over very low heat until mixture sticks to the metal utensil, whisking continually.
- Add the chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat; gradually mix in the remaining milk and vanilla extract.
- Cover; chill overnight or place the saucepan in an ice bath until completely chilled.
- Freeze in a 5-quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.