Fresh Strawberries with Espresso Zabaglione, Cinnamon Cream and Shaved Chocolate
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons espresso, cooled
- 4 ounces fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Shave room temperature chocolate carefully with vegetable peeler and set aside in cooler.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks, add 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, and continue to whip to soft peaks.
- Combine yolks, sugar, espresso and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl over simmering water, whisking until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Divide strawberries between 2 tall champagne glasses.
- Drizzle ¼ cup zabaglione over each and top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.