Fruit Wine Marinade
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pints fruit of choice
- Combine the wine and sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the fruit and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spoon into a stemmed glass, chilled bowl or serve over angel food or sponge cake.
- Garnish with a fresh piece of mint.
- Main Course: Of course fruit doesn't have to be reserved specifically for dessert. There are many times throughout the course of the meal that fruit can come into play.
- Try mandarin oranges, grapes or apples to perk up a simple green salad. Pineapple, of course, makes for a great Hawaiian pizza or pasta dish. Add slices of apples and peaches to your antipasto. Throw raisins or grapes into a pasta salad.