Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter-flavored shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Then stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips, then drop by rounded spoonful onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are light brown. Allow the cookies to cool.
- To Finish: Once the cookies are cool, place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies and press together to make a sandwich.